Purpose: Perform any job in processing to maintain production requirements and keep department operating effectively.
Essential functions with indication of % of performance time:
- Ability to operate high volume machines in processing efficiently while maintaining the standard rate. (50%)
- Ability to perform Stock 1 duties as needed in processing area including operating lift truck in a safe manner to move material, as required, throughout the plant; maintaining a constant flow of material to the operator and removing processed parts from the machines; palletizing cartons on skids; operation and maintenance of tape machines; supplying cartons to operators; etc. (30%)
- Ability to perform RGA , vapor seal checks, and packaged carton checks. (10%)
- Perform other related duties as assigned. (5%)
- Build constructive relationships by taking the initiative to make things better. (5%)
Continuous mental and visual requirements when operating lift truck. Must be able to read process tags and recognize a variety of parts. Must know sequence of machining processes. Lift Truck License required. Ability to communicate to employees and Supervisor. Ability to get along well with people with many different personalities. Normal and concentrated attention and coordination required to operate processing machines. Must possess good dexterity skills. Must be able to complete process tags and perform simple math. Ability to adapt to meet changing production needs.
Standing/walking most of the shift. Moderate to heavy physical labor required to lift and move baskets and cartons of parts. Ability to use and maintain equipment such as tape machine, stapler, etc. Ability to lift and move baskets of parts and boxes of supplies using hand carts, pallet jack, and lift truck. Boxes of supplies may weigh up to 50 lbs.
Applicant must possess a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience. Some experience operating hand tools and ability to drive lift truck a plus.